seeking advice on......critter prevention

Apr 29, 2013
Hello all. Have opened my new (bought home over winter) IG pool recently. Am on a pretty wooded 4 acre lot, so have been dealing with some critter issues in skimmer :^/
Frogs, spiders, moles(!), etc. I've seen some products for this issue, namely a sand-filled device that sits on side of pool and has a platform in the water too (for climbing out), and also a skimmer cover with a 'ramp' out. Was hoping to get feedback here on if things like that 'work'. Or if not, any other ways to assist with this issue. Thanks in advance...

Having a pool sort of predisposes you to dealing with stuff getting in there. In GA, the main threat to you would be snakes. Look before sticking your hand in there always!

Mark, I have a very wooded lot and a robust population of frogs. One is floating by as I write. I have not yet tried either of the proces. The skimmer cover with the hole seems lie it would be in the way of the basket handle I use to avoid reaching in bare-handed ;) (though most of my frogs have now figured out that if they climb the handle freedom awaits in the a.m. Natural selection at work :)

I was going to try the frog log but found it odd that they disclaim so much about population size and sell six packs. I mean, if it works, why would you need six junking up the pool? I may try it yet, and will report back if I do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.