Using plastic tarp under pool liner pad

Indept

Aug 22, 2012
I am having my pool installed this week, I am going to install a Liner Shield poolpad bought online. also installing foam poolcove so sand won't sit against wall & rot it. The poolpad sits on a bed of sand which will be a few inches deep so that tells me that the sand will still touch the steel sides just above the bottom U channel rail, should I do something (like tape vinyl tarp or something before putting the sand in & attaching the pool cove? I will only go high enough to keep the sand under the poolpad from contacting the side. My previous pool rotted out on the bottom (about 4 - 6" all the way around the pool) from both the backfill outside & the sand inside acting as the curved pool cove. I know the inside rusted out because where there were uprights where the backfill didn't touch the sides the outside was ok but rust had come through from inside.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.