Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Air in Pentair superflo pump and bubbles in pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Ontario, Canada

Air in Pentair superflo pump and bubbles in pool

Hi everyone,
    I apologize if this has been asked before.
    I just opened my pool (only my second time doing this) and I have air in the pump basket and bubbles in the return jets in pool.
    Ive tried bleeding air from the filter and and water eventually pours out.
    Ive checked the pump basket, lid and O ring and all appear ok.
    I'm just hoping I'm missing something and I don't have more serious issues.
    Any input or advise is most welcome.
    Attached are pictures if they help. (I'm not sure if the valves are opened correctly?)

Thank you in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IG vinyl pool, approx. 30 x15 feet kidney shape. 56,000 liters? (15,000 gallons?) (according to my calculations:) Pentair clean & clear plus cartridge filter, Pentair 1 HP pump, intellichlor IC20 SWG. Built May 2010

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Air in Pentair superflo pump and bubbles in pool

Air in the basket and out of the returns is a classic suction side air issue. Is your skimmer weir door stuck? Are you sucking air into your skimmer (pool level too low)? Other places that air can be sucked in on the suction side...pump basket lid seal (sounds like you checked this), pump drain plugs, leaking unions, leaking joints,etc.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.