Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need Feedback on the LaMotte 2056 colorQ

1. Back To Top    #1

Need Feedback on the LaMotte 2056 colorQ

Split by moderator from HERE. Please create your own thread for new questions. Thanks, jblizzle

Any feedback on the LaMotte 2056 colorQ Pro 7 digital test kit? I know its pricey but my eyesight is failing and I have a problem with color differentiation...not totally color blind.
    I followed Trouble Free Pool recommendations for opening up my green slimy pool and was so impressed. Now I'm excited to try the BBB method.

Pool: 18,000 Fiberglass w/ 2 waterfall features
    Salt Generator: Circupool RJ 30
    Filter: Hayward Sand (20 GPM/FT2)
    Pool Pump: Hayward Super II 1.5 hp
    Water feature Pump: Hayward Super II 1.0 hp
    Rheem Heater
    Owasso, OK ---Pool: 18,000 Fiberglass w/ 2 waterfall features; Salt Generator: Circupool RJ 30; Filter: Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter (300lb/20 GPM/FT2)
    Pool Pump: Hayward Super II 1.5 hp; Water feature Pump: Hayward Super II 1.0 hp; Rheem Heater; Pentair Kreepy Krauly Classic

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need Feedback on the LaMotte 2056 colorQ

Welcome to tfp, amgreen5

Other than the ph test, all of the other tests in the recommended test kits: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...kit_comparison are easy to do and are drop based...for example measuring FC, the last drop the changes for example pink to clear is your value. The lamotte colorq can work, but some of the tests are not reliable compared to the kits in the post above...for example cya which is very important.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Need Feedback on the LaMotte 2056 colorQ

Small photometers tend to be cheap and inaccurate and are more costly in the long term than the real mccoys. If you seriously need to consider a photometer, you should look at Palintest in the USA or Lovibond/Palintest in Europe/Asia. These are the only two companies whom are worthy of consideration in the Photometer market IMHO, they require little calibration and accuracy is massive compared to anything else on offer.
    Stuart Murray
    Scotland UK
    UK NPPOC