Round matrix pool and liner question

May 11, 2011
I just received the above pool from pool supply world and have a question about mounting the liner. I ordered the unibead line and am not sure the best way to hang it. Am I better off installing it as a bead liner or over the wall, j-hook.

Thanks,

X

Is it difficut to install with the track? I bought my pool and a bead track because they said I needed one and I'm on the fence about cutting my j-hook off at the seam. I've never done it before and once it's cut, it's cut! I'm a few weeks from install and I paid over $70 for that track. Does it also affect water level?

Thanks for any input you can provide us on this subject! :goodjob:

ETA another question... The metal tracking on top, does it go over the bead tracking too?

The bead receiver just installs over the pool wall,then your liner attaches to the receiver(if you use it as a beaded liner)If you use your liner as a J-hook liner the liner simply hangs from the top of the pool wall. Either way you choose to install your liner the top track will still get mounted on top of the bead receiver or j-hook.

It doesn't affect your water level either way you go.

Thanks CB! Can't remember if you used the bead or not and if so, was it easy to hang the liner? Was it a tight fit?

I used it as a beaded liner.It wasn't to difficult just make sure it's warm out and you have plenty of hands to help.I used 4 people,2 groups of 2,1 person held the liner the other person snapped it into the track.we stayed 180* from each other and worked our way around the pool.It took less than an hour to install.J-hook installation is even easier.You'll get a nice tight fit either way you install it.

Wonder if there are any good youtube vidz on beaded liner installs? I leave work here in an hour or so. I'm going to check out youtube when I get home.

Did you get the pool opened yet CB?

I ordered the 28' round matrix. I didn't order the bead receiver separate. Is what I'm hearing, this pool doesn't come standard with the bead receiver? If that's the case, I guess I'm going to be doing the j-hook.

Yes, I was told I have to order it if I wanted to use the liner I chose. The track is white n comes in it's own box upon delivery.

We just installed a new liner in our pool and went j hook because we thought it would be easier to DIY. The only tip I have is that it had to be stretched. We started putting it on the wall and it didn't fit, had to go back have someone stretching and pulling while someone else installed the top bracket to the wall and installing the top stabilizer bar. After that no problems whatsoever. :)

edited to add....... foam cove....... worth every penny.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.