Unlevel Pool

Jun 1, 2011
We've had our above ground 24 round pool for 6 years now. The past couple of years one side started to sink slightly lower than the others. Now we have two sides sinking and the pool is getting more unlevel. I've read that it shouldn't be more than a 2 inch difference anywhere and so far it's not more than 2 inches but I'm very nervous about the unstability. That's a lot of water very close to our house and I don't want anyone to get hurt if the wall caved in while we're in it!! We live in a swamp basically (almost since our yard holds water easily and we live in Louisiana). The ground is mushy most of the time with all of the rain. My thought was to take it down and have someone come in and sink it in the ground for more support. (We originally had a contractor from the pool store install the pool but it hasn't held up obviously.) Other than draining the pool, taking it down and digging a hole does anyone have any suggestions or advice?

I would not dig a hole to stabilize it. You will only be making a "pond" for the pool to sit in and sink further. Rather, you have to support the pool so it doesn't sink. Do you have concrete blocks under the piers?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.