opened and started shock 5 days ago.
I test the water with last season's tfp-100(stored appropriately over winter). new kit on the way.
I followed tfp directions.
The pool has cleared from murky turquoise to sparkling clear. Never saw any visible algae
I tested the CYA 5 days ago, when the weather was pretty cloudy. I got 35-40. Today was super sunny, so I retested. I let the water sample warm up too. I got 25 several times.
So it turns out I have been putting too much LQ Cl in my pool.
I've done an overnight test a few times since the water looks so good. I lost 4, then 3 then 2 ppm over the last 3 nights. So I guess I'm getting close.
-should I back off a little on the Cl now that I know my cya is lower?
-should i add some cya now or wait until I'm done shocking?
-is it at all surprising that I have something growing in the pool even though I basically did a mustard algae treatment? Seems like I should have killed it already but maybe I need P.O.P.