Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Crack in the wall of pool

1. Back To Top    #1

upstate, SC

Crack in the wall of pool

So, We are waiting to have our new liner put in and the anticipation is Killing us! I did notice this crack in the wall and am abit concerned. All of our extra coin is already going to the pool guy, like, $3000. I,m so worried about extra cost that might creep up, I think i might be getting an ulcer !
    This crack worries me the most , The Pool Dude has been out twice for measuring and what not. He had to have seen this crack, he also mentioned to the wife the pool will need some minor bottom repair,but never mentioned any extra cost.

I can see why it happened, its about 8inchs long and protrudes out about an 1/8 of an inch on one side.(I pulled the coupler thing off its not pushed back into place

For fun Heres a few pics of where we sit dreaming of what our pool and yard will look when we are done

From the back porch
    18*36 oval
    TA-60 sandfilter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD
    A crack like that shouldn't be an issue as long is it isn't moving around much anymore. It should be smoothed out before the new liner is placed, but that is easy.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School