New Pool Build in Southern New Jersey

May 24, 2010
Southern NJ
We decided to install an inground pool in October of last year 2012.
Our PB used Pentair equipment and Pool Studio for the designs.

Gunite
2 HP Pentair Whisperflo Pump
Pentair DE Filter
Pentair Easy Touch (4 Relays)
1 Skimmer
1 LED Light
Sun Step w\Bubbler & Umbrella stand
Swimout

Here is the day that the initial layout was done.

The dig happened the next day and it was a Sunday.

We decided on a stamped concrete look for the decking. We wanted a natural look and are going for a Tiki theme when completed.
Here was the first order of business when the weather was warm enough in 2013. Tile installation.

Here is the stamped concrete and the cantilever.

I was allowed to climb up on the concrete truck and take this shot. I really liked the viewpoint.

We went with a base color called "Golden Honey" and a release of "Chocolate".

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The pool looks great! What color of pebble/plaster are you going with?

We don't know. We looked at pebble tec but thought that is was too rough on our feet. We are now looking at Diamond Brite but my wife wants something that will not show much in the way of streaking. She wants as uniform of a color as possible.
We also think that pebble sheen is out of our price range.

Your pool is looking great!

Just curious why you are going with such a large pump? It seem to me that it is not needed. Also, is it a 2speed?

What volume is your pool and what size is your DE filter going to be?

Sorry for all the questions :oops:

A 2HP pump is what the PB wrote on our contract. I think the pool is closer to 750 sq ft. It's a single speed pump. The DE filter that you see in the pics is not the correct one. I was told my unit was on back order and they just used another one so that they could install the multiport valve and do all of the plumbing. They will be replacing it with a bigger one at start up. So I do not know the size at this moment.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.