6 weeks after first start up... numbers...

Killer95Stang

Aug 17, 2012
Sunny SoCal
So... my pool has been completed for 6-7 weeks now and haven't really had any issues. I switched over to SWG for chlorine about 2 weeks ago and I have been very happy with that system.

So here's my numbers from this morning before making any adjustments to PH.

23000 gallon, plaster in ground pool, using TF -100 & Taylor salt test kit + speedstir
- Estimate with OTO FC test kit 5.5
- PH 7.8 (added 32oz of 20 baum acid to lower)
- FC = 6
- CC = .5
- TC = 6.5
- TA = 80
- CH = 280
- Salt = 4000
- CYA = 60

- PH usually rises from 7.5 to 7.8 every 2-3 days. I adjust this by adding 32 oz muriatic acid (31%) every to 2-3 days
- FC has kinda been on the high side since I added SWG. I run the pump 2 times a day for 6 hours each time at 1500 rpm. I have the IC-40 set at 20% and it still seems to drift up a little.
- I've had .5 CC ever since I added the SWG. Is this normal or something to be concerned about?
- TA & CH seem fine to me.
- Salt.. I added one too many bags at start up and I'm stuck at 4000 until I backwash some water out when changing DE. The raised bond beam doesn't help either, since it seems to contain the cannonballs pretty well.
- I have a little CYA in a sock as week speak, so it will probably be around 70 this time next week.

Any suggestions for anything in my results? So far we've been in the pool about 8 different times with the water temp being around 76 - 80 degrees.

Pretty nice numbers. You have quickly gained a good grasp of your pool chemistry.

Your questions...

Try reducing your TA down to about 60..... That may slow down your pH rise considerably

You could reduce your runtime a bit and see if the pool stays clean and the FC stays down. With warm water coming up, you can then Increase runtime or SWG percentage to compensate for the increased FC demand.

Treat .5 CC as if were 0 CC....it virtually the same thing

Everything else is just fine. You don't say, but I'll bet your water looks good. :goodjob:

Thanks for the reply... Water has been sparkling since start up!!!... Right now I tend to test for FC and PH at least once a day, so things never really get too far out of wack. I run the full gammit of tests every Monday. I'll pick up some baking soda from Walmart to lower the TA a little.

Thanks again....

Another happy TFP member!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.