Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: equipment pad

1. Back To Top    #1

equipment pad

i do have to provide a pad for filter and pump to set on. guy at pool store said to get some paver stone what are your guys thoughts on this stone airconditioner pad or what ?
    15x30x54 AG,2HP2SP PUMP 400LB SAND FILTER

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: equipment pad

Quote Originally Posted by wildwilly1
    i do have to provide a pad for filter and pump to set on. guy at pool store said to get some paver stone what are your guys thoughts on this stone airconditioner pad or what ?
    Hard to get a paver level and have it stay that way for years. I'd pour a pad. I think they sell plastic forms for pouring AC pads. That's what I'd use.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

thats what i was thinking thx

4. Back To Top    #4

I agree poured pad, and the more spread out your equipment the better when of comes time to do maintenance, also I would require all pieces of equipment to be connected with screw together PVC Unions. It may add $30-$40 now, but will save lots in the future when it comes time to replace pumps, filters, valves, etc.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5

i was thinking how i could figure out where to pour pad until they install the pool i want it close to pool they will have to do some digging to install pool i dont want it in the way nor do i want it too far away

6. Back To Top    #6

Do you already have electricity to the site? If so you likely want to locate your pad near where the electrical service already exists, either way you will have trenching, but plain PVC pipe tends to be a lot cheaper than PVC conduit, plus copper wires, and paying an electrician to pull them.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

7. Back To Top    #7

YES I ALREADY HAVE ELECTRIC RIGHT BESIDE POOL GOING INTO A GARAGE SO I CAN JUST PLUG THE PUMP IN TO THAT ALREADY AN OUTLET THERE OUTSIDE

8. Back To Top    #8

Can't you pick up a pre fabricated concrete pad? They are like 4x4 and 2 inches thick. I think they have them at home depot and Lowes.
    16 x 32 Vinyl IGP ~22000 G

9. Back To Top    #9

DID NOT KNOW THEY MADE THOSE I WILL HAVE TO CHECK THX

10. Back To Top    #10

I picked up two 2ftX3ft patio blocks and placed them on top of a base of leveled crushed stone. Seems to work good, plenty of room for the pump, cartridge filter, chlorinator (which I won't be using anymore!!) and all the PVC piping. Home Depot and Lowes should have them. But, they are heavy!!!
    Upstate/Central New York. Roman style IG fiberglass pool, 13X33, 8800 gallons, installed July 2012. Pentair cartridge filter, 1 hp Pentair single speed pump. Taylor K2006 Test kit. Went BBB route in spring of 2013, no problems, no regrets!!!!!!