Diamond Brite Question

May 24, 2010
Southern NJ
We are trying to decide on a color for our new pool installation. We originally wanted to go with Pebble Tec, but thought it was too rough on our feet and we don't think we can afford Pebble Sheen. So we are back to Diamond Brite and want to minimize any mottling in the color and streaks and so forth. My wife wants the most consistent color she can get. Do the lighter colors show less when it comes to that problem? Meaning more whites in the color, will then show less? or is it unrelated?. We are thinking about the "Blue" diamond brite color. Our PB wants us to go with a light or medium gray that he custom mixes, but we think it may show too much variation. Any thoughts.

I am looking for the same info. Have been looking at French Gray Diamond Brite.

Do you know what "mixes" your PB does to get his light or medium gray? He should be able to tell you how many bags of each color he mixes together. I think that has an impact on how consistent the color will be (shade)... but I may be wrong.

We purchased our home with a diamond brite pool surface. It doesn't feel rough to our feet. I think the best policy is to compare the work from different installers. From what I understand if the mix gets overworked you'll tend to get more inconsistent coloring. The trowel marks or inconsistencies will tend to show more at night with the pool lighting due to the fact the light is coming across the surface of the work vice down like the sun.

The most consistent color would be a standard color selection from the manufacturer. I feel your best bet is to actually get a list of installs he has completed, call and possibly visit the work he has done. Check the referrals.

Your not in this alone. Others clients may be able to give you some insight of the installer you choose work ethics.

Also have you check Diamond Brite web site for any recommendations:
http://www.sgm.cc/html_Pool/HomeOwners/ ... brite.html

http://www.sgm.cc/html_Pool/HomeOwners/ ... ealer.html

Good luck with your selection.

The answer is simple. Pebble sheen or tech.......diamond brite Streaks no matter what the installer does or more importantly how it's started up when full. Hydrazzzo is second best, only because u can republish it 5 years in when it streaks because it will. Diamond brite, wet edge, sunstone are all not as good.

My PB suggested doing an acid wash after installation. He normally does not do this with Diamond Bite. Also adjusting pool chemistry to help with any mottling and streaking. He said it should clear up any problems, but may take up to a year for everything to look good. Not sure what to do.

Only issue with wet edge is its calcium carbonate based so it streaks over time. I'm very good friends with the installer. It's nice but not pebble. Only two of us install it. Keeps the quality control. Wet edge is a nice option for 30% less than pebble. Just start it up properly. It's called a hot start.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.