Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to auto bleed air from Pentair Cart Filter?

1. Back To Top    #1

How to auto bleed air from Pentair Cart Filter?

I have a new Pentair 420 cart filter (upgrade from 15 year old Hayward sand). I noticed after a day I have to bleed about 2 seconds of air. Everything is air tight but i'm running a variable pump on low speed. Sometimes in the summer we got away for 1-2 weeks up to the cottage. Is there a way to automatically bleed air? Or is it always a manual activity with these things? Never had to worry about this with the old sand filter..

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: How to auto bleed air from Pentair Cart Filter?

It would be better to find and fix the air leak. I'd start with the strainer lid, the pump drain plug, and any connections you've disturbed in the changeover. Also, don't overlook a sticking weir in the skimmer or low water level.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: How to auto bleed air from Pentair Cart Filter?

Double checked all those things.. put shaving cream on all my connections.. nothing that I can see as the source of leak. Water level super high in pool..

No air being returned via the jets back to pool. likely trapped by filter?