Backyard Oasis turning into a Backyard of Headaches

Mar 17, 2013
Dallas, TX
Hi everyone, I am in dire need of some advice to correct a mistake with my new pool build. I had 2 excavators come out and tell me I had a slope in the yard and needed to dig down 12 inches and I had another excavator tell me to build up to install my Intex 24x12 pool. I decided to dig down and grade the yard to make it even with the lowest point in the yard. The excavator came out today and leveled the yard. By doing this he made a 26'x14' enclosure around most of the pool. It was not an even cut and the dirt on the edges are starting to slide into the area where the legs sit. In the pictures the ground tarp is covering the issues with the dirt and you are unable to see the unevenness of my yard that has been dug out. My concern is that during any storm we may have( rain expected this week :grrrr: ) the dirt will slide more into the pool area. What would be the best material to build a retaining wall ( least expensive way) and how can I remove any rain water that will collect in that area. Mosquitoes and West Nile were awful last year and the last thing I want is standing water for those pesky things to lay eggs and hatch. We thought of installing 2 sump pumps( one on the left and right of the enclosure) and digging a trench and running PVC pipes to the alley to have a way for the water to drain out. That should work but I would like to fill the area in the pool enclosure with something to disguise the ground cloth and I wanted something that might absorb water during bad weather. I have attached 2 pictures. One showing the side of the pool and the other angle of the pool in its enclosure. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• Intex pool.jpg
    Intex pool.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 419
  • intex pool 2.jpg
    intex pool 2.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 419
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.