First pool opening and it looks a mess

Above ground 15' round

The center of the winter cover is submerged approx 18" below the surface, weighed down with water, leaves and Crud.
Im guessing that the ice tore a small hole in the cover which caused it to sink.
Under the cover, the pool water looks quite clean and I can see the bottom.
The 18" of water above the cover looks swampy with a lot of leaves etc holding it under.
How can i get the cover off ??
I can scoop most of the leaves and Crud off, but the cover will still be under water........
I could loosen it completely so the cover ends up in the pool entirely and drag it out
but any left over dirty water will be dumped in the pool

Any suggestions appreciated

Scoop out Crud with net, siphon out water with garden hose. Fill hose from house spigot, unscrew hose, keep both ends level while dragging hose to pool. Put on end in center of cover, maybe weighted down with something, drag other end of hose out into yard, drop hose on ground.

FYI: Doing that will likely drain the entire pool down almost 2 feet from the full level
So you suggest scoop as much of the solids as possible, dumping the water off the top of the cover quickly, remove cover trying to keep as much Crud out of the pool as possible and then top it up with 2' of fresh water ?
Still beats the "put it up and take it down" Intex of previous years i guess :)
thanks

My cover is sun blocking cover with a very tight weave. It will eventually allow the water through it, but it takes a long time. I just weight the retaining cabled down with water filled old bleach bottles connected with S hooks. If I wait long enough (and go around and pull down on the jugs every once awhile) this will cause my water to drain into the pool through the weave, and the junk stays on the cover and can just be removed. This might work for you.

I didn't realize how much water you are talking about. I'd forget the shop-vac idea and do the siphon, at the same time you could be filling your pool, just match the flow rate on the siphon and fill hose.

What's easier/cheaper for you? Water replacement or bleach to clean it if you let the dirty water back into the pool?

Water is fairly cheap here so i siphoned it off the cover after scooping the leaves and crud off. I would guess is was down a little over a foot from where we left it
so not too bad. Amazingly the water underneath is sparkling clear and still smells of chlorine, we are topping it up today
and started at 66 deg. Got all the gear hooked up this afternoon and will be ready for the season tomorrow.......
Thanks for the advice !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.