Read a bit first and then went and bought a TF-100 kit Made my readings last evenings
It's an 18 by 42 rectangular viny pool 8 foot depth edges are rounded I've been told treat it as 30,000 gallons
1. Is this right more or less?
2. I have been fighting returning algae all spring here in Pensacola on the bottom and sides.
3. In the past I have used Walmart Algaecide sold in Gallon Bottles Walmart no longer sells that type now sells something in a half gallon ..supposed to be twice as strong. Just not working it seems.
4. I have kept up my chlorine readings to at least 1.5 for the last 45 days
5. Most of the time it has been 3 or a good deal more ...cheap test kits don't read the higher numbers
So I'd like to stop using Algaecide ... How long Do I have to keep up a shock level of chlorine to kill the algae once and for all???
What Should I raise the Chlorine leve too to work effectively and kill it off once and for all and should I be using stright liquid Chlorine or something else???
Anything else wrong with my thinking, pool chemistry, or my wife??? )