small leak and pressure gauge

Hi everyone,

I am preparing my pool for the season and have my chemistry all in order, thanks to these forums. Anyhow, I have developed a leak in the plumbing on my pad right near my pump/filter and wanted to ask here before I went sawing off and replacing PVC fittings. Here is a link to a photo (hope this works!):

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1137 ... 4629606626

As you can probably see in the photo, the leak is in the left 90 degree elbow. Can I simply saw off both fittings on the vertical pipes and glue in replacement fittings? I suspect this is fine to do, but I wanted to ask before I did it just to make sure there wasn't some concern about the specific height (or some other concern) of those elbows.

Also, I just replace that pressure gauge on top of the filter and am noticing that it reads zero with the pump on. Do I need to do something specific to get it to work? Do I have a faulty gauge? Could the leak cause this?

Thanks in advance for all the advice and discussion here!

Yes, you'll need to cut and replace those fittings. As for the gauge, it may be faulty. It may also have some debris blocking it from the inside.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.