Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to setup and create time lapse video?

1. Back To Top    #1

How to setup and create time lapse video?

Not sure if this is the right section for this...

We are getting our backyard done in the next couple of weeks with a pool build.

Am thinking of creating a setup to take pics at intervals and then create a video after.

Here is what is have:

1. Laptop
    2. Canon xSi
    3. Tripod

How can I set this up? What else do I need to get? Or can I set it up to save to say a USB drive? Power for the camera?

Also, should I set it up on the main floor at the back or upstairs from my bedroom?

Can the pics be taken through a window?

There will be a lot of stone cutting and stuff and if I leave the windows open, the dust will be crazy

Help would be appreciated

2. Back To Top    #2

Nashville, TN

Re: How to setup and create time lapse video?

Well I would use a pocket wizard to set an interval and trigger the camera and lights every "X" seconds. Or if the environment was particularly harsh I would use a gopro with it's built in Intervalometer.

With your equipment list it looks like with your XSi the easiest option is a remote with built in intervalometer.

20k gallons, IG (Fiberglass), T-40 Sand Filter(38 GPM),Hayward Superpump w/1 HP motor, Solaxx Harmony (combo cleaner/SWG).

3. Back To Top    #3
    Maricopa, AZ

Re: How to setup and create time lapse video?

Sorry, I just realized you posted in my pool build thread and I never responded! Here's some info on my setup: 4-13-time-lapse-video-decking-new-pool-build-phoenix-t54925.html#p461875

We have a balcony so I left the tripod up there and didn't have to worry about any windows being left open.
    --22k gallon pool/spa, IG, pebble w/ glass beads/abalone, all tile spa w/ stacked stone and spillway, 30 sf waterfall, 3 telescopic fountains, EZ Touch 8
    --Pentair VS3050, Whisperflo waterfall pump, Clean & Clear 520 cartridge filter, Intellibrite 5G LED lights, Ozone, Q360 in-floor cleaning, 400k btu heater
    --100 perim ft pool, 25 perim ft spa, Depth 3.5' to 7', 405 sq ft travertine decking, TF100 test kit
    --Time Lapse Video of our Pool Build ---- Our Pool Build Thread