help hayward ec75a filter

Apr 28, 2013
Hayward recommended this filter for my inground 22,000 gal pool. I am only getting 2 months between total cleanings. This seems too much. The back charge does not buy me anything. The filter when opened shows very little algae and the tubes rinse to white with plain water. The pump is a 1 hp, but stops pumping water through after 7-8 weeks. I rinse, drain, recharge de and it works great for 2 months. What am I missing here? The pool is not used very much at all, and chlorine and shock is done regularly. Help.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!

You should never be seeing algae in the filter. My guess is that you are not maintaining a high enough FC level.

Some reading in Pool School (button at upper right of page) will give you a better idea of how we recommend maintaining your pool ... this is not what you are doing as we rarely have to "shock".

Please post up as full set of test results.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.