HELP!! At wits end....

kenh

Apr 15, 2013
OK, so I swapped out my 10 year old Jandy HP Plus pump, with the new VS-Flo Pro. Everything went well, plumbing, electrical, etc. I also have a Jandy RS-8 system, which I upgraded to the new IAqualink, which required the new PCB. All wiring was hooked from old to new exactly. Here is the issue:

The new pump works with the included variable speed controller, although, the Aqualink center needs to be in "service" mode, and I must manually push the "pump" button to get power to the pumps controller, which I think is an issue and I cant figure out why. You would think the controller which came with the Flo Pro would control the pump with the power center setting on "auto."

When I hook the low voltage wiring from the new pump to the RS 8 power center, it will not turn on the new Jandy pump. I tried every dip switch combination, shutting all power between tries to re-set the system.

I need some ideas on what else it could be as Im sitting here wondering what I am missing.

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Awesome, a step in the right direction. The Jandy pump WAS wired to the relay. I direct wired it to an open breaker. Now, the Jandy pump controller works when in "auto" mode, but the pump will not work through the rs8 system. For some reason, the rs8 is not communicating with the new pump. My pump is running now through the pumps controller, but my online iaqualink says the pump is "offline."

Should I try different dipswitch settings again now that the power is correct?? I have all the pump dipswitches in the off position. Should there be a different dipswitch position at the aqualink powercenter??

Correction: All the pumps dipswitches are in the "off" position when I am testing the rs8, but dipswitches 1 and 2 are in the on position when using the pumps control pad.

The manual states, with the RS8, to have all the pump switches in the off position. It then continues on to state that switches 3 and 4 dictate the pump address, and could be a different combination. How is the pump address matched to the aqualink power center??

Also, the new bezel which came with the iaqualink, has 12 dipswitches, number 1 - 8 and 1-4, all on the off position. These are the same positions as the old bezel. Does any of these need to be changed with the new pump??

Thanks so much for the replies.

Problem solved.........................drumroll please..................................the wrong pump was chosen in the IAqualink interface.

Yes, it was that simple. 4 hours of frustration, and an extremely easy fix.

Connecting the pump to the right power supply was the first step. Thanks again all.

kenh said:
Problem solved.........................drumroll please..................................the wrong pump was chosen in the IAqualink interface.

Yes, it was that simple. 4 hours of frustration, and an extremely easy fix.

Connecting the pump to the right power supply was the first step. Thanks again all.
Yeah, that's what I suspected... :uhh:

Just kidding

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.