Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HELP!! At wits end....

1. Back To Top    #1

HELP!! At wits end....

OK, so I swapped out my 10 year old Jandy HP Plus pump, with the new VS-Flo Pro. Everything went well, plumbing, electrical, etc. I also have a Jandy RS-8 system, which I upgraded to the new IAqualink, which required the new PCB. All wiring was hooked from old to new exactly. Here is the issue:

The new pump works with the included variable speed controller, although, the Aqualink center needs to be in "service" mode, and I must manually push the "pump" button to get power to the pumps controller, which I think is an issue and I cant figure out why. You would think the controller which came with the Flo Pro would control the pump with the power center setting on "auto."

When I hook the low voltage wiring from the new pump to the RS 8 power center, it will not turn on the new Jandy pump. I tried every dip switch combination, shutting all power between tries to re-set the system.

I need some ideas on what else it could be as Im sitting here wondering what I am missing.

Thanks in advance.

Ken

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: HELP!! At wits end....

Do you have to the new pump connected through the relay? If you do it shouldn't be. It should be powered straight from the breaker.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Awesome, a step in the right direction. The Jandy pump WAS wired to the relay. I direct wired it to an open breaker. Now, the Jandy pump controller works when in "auto" mode, but the pump will not work through the rs8 system. For some reason, the rs8 is not communicating with the new pump. My pump is running now through the pumps controller, but my online iaqualink says the pump is "offline."

Should I try different dipswitch settings again now that the power is correct?? I have all the pump dipswitches in the off position. Should there be a different dipswitch position at the aqualink powercenter??

Correction: All the pumps dipswitches are in the "off" position when I am testing the rs8, but dipswitches 1 and 2 are in the on position when using the pumps control pad.

4. Back To Top    #4

I'd say it's the dip switch setting. Look in the manual and see how it says to set them.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

The manual states, with the RS8, to have all the pump switches in the off position. It then continues on to state that switches 3 and 4 dictate the pump address, and could be a different combination. How is the pump address matched to the aqualink power center??

Also, the new bezel which came with the iaqualink, has 12 dipswitches, number 1 - 8 and 1-4, all on the off position. These are the same positions as the old bezel. Does any of these need to be changed with the new pump??

Thanks so much for the replies.

6. Back To Top    #6

Problem solved.........................drumroll please..................................the wrong pump was chosen in the IAqualink interface.

Yes, it was that simple. 4 hours of frustration, and an extremely easy fix.

Connecting the pump to the right power supply was the first step. Thanks again all.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by kenh
    Problem solved.........................drumroll please..................................the wrong pump was chosen in the IAqualink interface.

Yes, it was that simple. 4 hours of frustration, and an extremely easy fix.

Connecting the pump to the right power supply was the first step. Thanks again all.
    Yeah, that's what I suspected...

Just kidding
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

8. Back To Top    #8

I'm glad you got it figured out. It feels better when you figure things out on your own.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator

9. Back To Top    #9

I would have still been floundering if you didn't post the correct electrical hookup info.

10. Back To Top    #10

Sometimes all it takes is a nudge in the right direction.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator