Looking for a replacement for my 7 year old Kreepy Krauly

bjsbuds

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 16, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
Just opened my pool and it looks like my Kreepy Krauly needs to be replaced.

I have researched all the great info on this forum, and still can't decide which way to go. Really wanted to keep the purchase under $500, but the Dolphin Dynamic DX5 at $750 has me wondering.

On my short list, okay it is not that short, I have:
Baracuda G3 - $260
Kreepy Krauly - $315
The Pool Cleaner - $360
Hayward Navigator Pro - $375
Baracuda MX8 - $399

I know what to expect with the Kreepy Krauly, but am wondering if there is new and better technology out there?

Would appreciate hearing what members would recommend, or which to stay away from, or why I should spend double on the Dolphin.

Re: Looking for a replacement for my 7 year old Kreepy Kraul

Nix the navigator from the experiences I have seen.

If you are going suction, the MX8 and the Pool Cleaner seem like the leading choices. They are the only 2 on my list if I decided to go suction.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

I bought the MX8 for my new pool and I'm very happy with it so far. Has no problem climbing the walls or making it over the drain covers. Also.. right now the MX8 has a $100 rebate.. so that makes it only $299.00. Plus the rebate process was fast. I had my rebate in hand in two weeks.

Note to get the $100 rebate, you have to spend over $399 on it, otherwise it will not qualify.

jblizzle said:
Note to get the $100 rebate, you have to spend over $399 on it, otherwise it will not qualify.

Not exactly... I paid less.. provided copy of less... and received my $100 Visa Gift card... :wink:

A reminder that every single part of a Kreepy Krauley is replaceable for a lot less than a new cleaner. Parts do need occasional replacement. I've replaced my hose assembly (they get stiff and develop pin hole leaks), the foot pad, the dive wings, the rod with rollers, the hose swivel and of course the pleated bottom pad. That's really not too bad for 18 years of use on a rough surface pool.

They started another rebate, so maybe they changed the requirements a little.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.