Bleach prices 2013

Smykowski said:
BOGO 12.5%, so $2.00 per gallon after sales price. Time to go stock up.
That is a great price...I get (2/1)/(128*0.125)= $0.125/ounce of Sodium Hypochlorite...very good price!

Just for other readers of this (I know Smykowski knows this), "stocking up" too much is not a good idea on the higher percentage chlorine sources like this. 1-2 month supply of 12.5% is probably all one wants to have, since it's percentage starts to drop.

duraleigh said:
the 12% I get here in NC is $13.75 per 5 gallon container
I get (13.75/5)/(128*.12)= $0.179/ounce...also very good, but Smy's got you beat :tongue: ....course he probably can't get that rate at menards all summer(true smy?), where I assume you can?

I just bought a 5 Gal jug of 12% Chlorine for $18.50 ($19.80 with tax) from my local pool store, Town and Country Pools off Rt 57 in Lopatcong NJ. I dump this into my Liquidator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
bibeaud said:
Shoprite in NJ had 3 bottles of the new 8.25% Clorox bottles for $10.49. These bottles are 121 oz / 3.78 Qt / 3.57L.
(10.49/3)/(121*0.0825)= $0.35/ounce NaClO... ugg

bibeaud said:
I just bought a 5 Gal jug of 12% Chlorine for $18 ($19.80 with tax) from my local pool store, Town and Country Pools off Rt 57 in Lopatcong NJ.
(18/5)/(128*0.12)= $0.23/ounce NaClO... better

How is Costco for Bleach cost? I have been buying at Target and it was around 2.59 a gallon for 8.25. Went over to Walmart as I was running low and it was Dang near 3.00 for 8.25. I live in California and do not have a Menards. I know Home Depot was right around $3.00 as well.

djscotty14 said:
How is Costco for Bleach cost? I have been buying at Target and it was around 2.59 a gallon for 8.25. Went over to Walmart as I was running low and it was **** near 3.00 for 8.25. I live in California and do not have a Menards. I know Home Depot was right around $3.00 as well.
Costco was about $3/ gallon last time I looked.

OSH had some 12.5 on sale a few weeks ago. Lowes has pallets of the stuff out right now, too. I buy mine is refillable jugs from the local independent pool store. I think I paid $14.40 for 4 gallons a couple weeks ago.

We have a new Menards, and was thinking of picking this up.

We are building our pool now (SWCG), and it will be done in a few weeks (probably too cold to swim for another 6 weeks). Told my wife about the sale, and she said: "Why do we need bleach?" Hum...I thought we did...but now I am not sure. The pool builder will get the water "going"...then I have a TF100 going forward. Is it true we only need bleach if/when we need to shock?

If I keep on it with the TF100, is it possible I will not need bleach? Think I am starting to second guess myself :(

geekfamily said:
We have a new Menards, and was thinking of picking this up.

We are building our pool now (SWCG), and it will be done in a few weeks (probably too cold to swim for another 6 weeks). Told my wife about the sale, and she said: "Why do we need bleach?" Hum...I thought we did...but now I am not sure. The pool builder will get the water "going"...then I have a TF100 going forward. Is it true we only need bleach if/when we need to shock?

If I keep on it with the TF100, is it possible I will not need bleach? Think I am starting to second guess myself :(
It's nice to have a couple gallons handy, so you can do a quick blast before & after big swim parties, or if a child has an accident, any time you need to raise FC fast.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.