Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Equipment platform

1. Back To Top    #1

Equipment platform

So...I was out mowing around pool pump and heater today. When pool was installed last year builder put pump and heater on some type of patio stone. Now they're not sitting very level and are difficult to mow around. I hit the thermostat knob on heater and broke it today. I was thinking of building a platform to get the pump and heater off the ground. Anyone have opinions on this? Just a 2x6 frame on the ground or should I set posts and build it up higher?

28' X 52" Sharkline Escalade
    Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5hp
    Hayward Pro Series sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Equipment platform

The best way would be to pour a pad out of concrete. I have seen plastic prefab little pads that some HVAC guys put new a/c units on, although I am not sure where you would get those.

3. Back To Top    #3

I also used a couple plastic/composite prefabs from my local HVAC supply house....a lot lighter to work with and my place had 36x36 and even 36x38 pads.. .mine are about 3" in height and very stable....well worth looking into for what you need.

24,000 Gallon Vinyl Grecian IG,Triton2 Sand Filter / Pentair Super Flo 1 HP Dual Speed Pump ,
    Stenner Peristaltic Pump Injection w/15 gal drum,Stubbed up supply/return for future solar panels :)
    TF100 Rocks !! Pool School....

4. Back To Top    #4

In looking closer my equipment is on those plastic/composite pads. Maybe I should just level them better and kill the grass that's around them. I just thought they'd be more protected if they were off the ground a few inches.

28' X 52" Sharkline Escalade
    Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5hp
    Hayward Pro Series sand filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Maybe just digging out the grass 6-12" wide around the pad and put some drainage rock in its place will help a bunch?? It'll keep the mower away and control some weeds as well... .could cut with the mower right it to the rock....

24,000 Gallon Vinyl Grecian IG,Triton2 Sand Filter / Pentair Super Flo 1 HP Dual Speed Pump ,
    Stenner Peristaltic Pump Injection w/15 gal drum,Stubbed up supply/return for future solar panels :)
    TF100 Rocks !! Pool School....