Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hotsprings Integrated Pressure Switch on Heater

1. Back To Top    #1
    Savannah, GA

Hotsprings Integrated Pressure Switch on Heater

We have a 1994 Hotsprings Sovereign spa and am having issues with the Integrated Pressure Switch on the No-Fault Heater. We recently started having a problem with both the green and red lights flashing on the control panel. The jets and lights were still working, but the circulation pump was not running. We determined that the pump needed to be replaced. So we replaced it with the new E5 pump and it is now running and circulating water. However the lights are still flashing and the heater is not heating. According to the manual, it is equipped with a pressure switch that will open if the heater is not getting enough flow to protect the heater. So I figure when the circulation pump quit pumping water to the heater, then the switch opened. But once the problem is resolved, the switch is supposed to close on its own. I doubt both the pump and the switch would fail at the same time. So I'm thinking maybe there is some way to reset the switch or perhaps it needs to be adjusted for the new pump. If anyone has any knowledge on this topic, I would appreciate some input. By the way we know it is the switch because a paper clip can be used to bypass the switch and the heater comes on. I just don't want to rely on that as a permanent fix.
    Ken & Shari
    Savannah, GA
    16' x 40' freeform fiberglass inground (Pacific model, mfg by Tallman Pools), 23k gal, 2" plumbing throughout, Intellichlor IC-40, Easy Touch controller, Intelliflow VS 3050 pump, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Quad Cartridge filter. 4 Jandy deck jets (3/4" plumbing), Fiberstars color changing lighting, SR Smith salt friendly diving system, Interfab Wild Ride slide, Aquasol Solar Heat (5 panels 4'x12' DIY install automated with ET) RIP Nitro Wall Climber Mar 2011-Aug 2012, Nitro is survived by a Polaris 360.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hotsprings Integrated Pressure Switch on Heater

i ran accross this the other day but it is a 2008 hotsprings. they use a factory jumper to bypass the pressure switch if it test bad. so if you can't find a way to reset it maybe you can find a jumper block like used in the video.
    12,000 IG vinyl
    hayward c900. 90 sq.ft cartridge
    1hp motor flow rate?

400 gallons
    2012 hotsprings vangard

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Knoxville, TN

Re: Hotsprings Integrated Pressure Switch on Heater

The pressure switch is not serviceable/replaceable. You will need to replace the heater.

And the jumper is used on PDR(power down reset) heaters that have been installed after the oem heater has failed.

One thing to try is pouring some muriatic acid down the circulation pump stand pipe, the one with the grey cap. There could be enough scale/calcium buildup on the element to impede the flow enough to cause the switch not to close.
    Hot Springs certified service tech A
    APSP CST Certified
    CPO Certified