Anthony DE Filter manifold...Alternatives?

Jul 5, 2011
Northern NJ
Hi all:

I'm currently digging up all the gravel and dirt to expose the pipes leading to and from my pool equipment. I need to move all of it about 10 feet or so and I'd like to refresh, replace, rebuild or upgrade while I'm going through the trouble. I'm also removing all copper piping, connectors and (I'm guessing) brass gate valves. Thankfully the copper is only above ground, so matching everything up below ground level in PVC and finishing will be relatively easy.

One of the pieces of equipment I'm not sure about is the filter manifold. This one does work but I was hoping to perhaps update to a modern style....and hopefully one that will line up to the existing filter inlet/outlet.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

(Attached is a pic of the existing manifold)

Attachments

• Filter manifold.jpg
    Filter manifold.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 30
That's just a "slide bachwash valve." You have two positions: Filter and backwash. I'd look into a multiport valve. You then have the options of recirculate and waste, which lets you drain the pool easily, or bypass the filter if you're just interested in circulating the water for some reason.

multiport3-cropped-600w.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.