Old chems from previous owner: Keep or flush?

Apr 23, 2013
SoCal
I'm a new owner of an older pool. This week I drained and re-filled, and I'm using the BBB method. Everything is going great!

Results from this morning:

FC: 3
TC: 3
pH: 7.5
TA: 130
CH: 260
CYA: 40

lW9cI6F.jpg

However, my garage came pre-stocked with a few large bottles of chemicals from the previous owner:

AisvMP7.jpg

* Pool Perfect+ PHOSfree
* METALfree
* Leslie's Copper Algaecide
* Leslie's Black Algae Killer

Is it worthwhile to keep this stuff around? I've read through several threads dismissing the use of Pool Perfect+ PHOSfree as being totally unnecessary. Since I have it, is there any reason why I should not add it to my pool? Or am I better of tossing it? My pool is totally clear with no signs of algae. Extra shelf space would be nice!

Very occasionally we recommend using Pool Perfect. It is only useful when you have a lot of oil floating on the surface of the water, typically from suntan lotion. Metal Free is not one of the sequestrants we recommend. The copper algaecide is too risky to use, why risk any chance of copper staining. The remaining algaecide is not one we recommend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.