Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Perflex or Pro-Grid Filter?

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Perflex or Pro-Grid Filter?

Guy's

Currently have a Ec65, just found out fingers and plates are gone (filter about 10 years old) also as posted earlier I need to replace my 1hp pump.

I have decided to replace the whole system....

I've gone to two local pool stores, one tells me to stay with the E65 (because its easier and uses less DE). the other said go with a Pro-Grid 48 square foot (cleaner water / more capabilities with the valve). There is about a $200 price difference.

Thoughts.....

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sean
    16x32 ingound pool w Liner / 1 skimmer and 2 returns / Hayward EC65A DE Filter / 1HP Hayward Super Pump / Jandy AE 2500T Heat Pump / Hayward in-line Chlorinator / Bravo Automatic vacuum. J245 6 person Jacuzzi.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Perflex or Pro-Grid Filter?

Personally I would upgrade to the EC-75, it is the same size housing as the EC-65, but with a little more filtering ability, you are already familiar with the Perflex filter operation and seem happy with it, at least willing to stay with it. The only ability I can think of that it may not have is ability to vacuum to waste, but you could get that by simply adding a T and a $10 valve between the pump and the filter.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hayward Perflex or Pro-Grid Filter?

Thanks for feedback... I am happy with it, yet for some reason I feel like I have to with the latest and greatest.
    16x32 ingound pool w Liner / 1 skimmer and 2 returns / Hayward EC65A DE Filter / 1HP Hayward Super Pump / Jandy AE 2500T Heat Pump / Hayward in-line Chlorinator / Bravo Automatic vacuum. J245 6 person Jacuzzi.