Jandy Replacement Cell

Apr 27, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Hi, new here and need some advice. I have a 3 year old Jandy Aquapure 1400 installed on a ~22,000 gallon in ground Gunite pool (builder went broke - I am on my own now). The fault code indicated to clean the cell. I cleaned it but one of the DC connection pins pushed into the housing (water leaks through the pin sockets). I took it apart and the o-rings are "loose" and don't keep the pins in place. I cleaned the plates per instructions put sealer on the o-rings and reassembled (non-conductive sealer applied sparingly). Now I get a fault code to replace cell.

From what I have read, I should replace the cell and be done with it. The question is OEM Jandy or CompuPool? Or take a chance on having it rebuilt? Advise appreciated! Thank you!

Thanks Dave. I guess it comes down to cost per year and warranty. The Compupool SWG is about $200 less and comes with a cord and a 2 year warranty. I wish there was a way to rebuild the "guts" of the unit and not have to pay for another housing but I guess that's not an option....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.