New pool build progress in Tampa Bay! updated pics 7/19/13

Re: New pool build progress in Tampa Bay! updated pics 7/19/

I'm new to TFP and real nice job! I'm in Tampa Bay(E. Hillsborough)currently getting pavers estimates for a pooldeck /patio remodel and curious about the pavers. Were they installed by local TB paving co. If so can you supply the paving co name? Are these pavers manufactured locally. What is the color/style? Their website?

voyager said:
I'm new to TFP and real nice job! I'm in Tampa Bay(E. Hillsborough)currently getting pavers estimates for a pooldeck /patio remodel and curious about the pavers. Were they installed by local TB paving co. If so can you supply the paving co name? Are these pavers manufactured locally. What is the color/style? Their website?

They are made by Artistic Pavers, who I think is based in FL. This particular type is called Stonelock, and we used Mocha for the coping and Sandstone for the deck. We really love them and always get compliments on them. They are one of the most expensive options, i.e. more than travertine, but NOT SLIPPERY and look great. There was a sub that installed them, and they did not do great work and had to come back out to replace several pavers with crooked cuts, etc.

vanibrown said:
Any final pictures?
Finally took some and putting them up today! Sorry for the delay - they had to DRAIN THE POOL to acid wash the Stonescapes since they did not do it properly initially. :hammer: I didn't want to take finals until the crappy white blotchy stuff was gone. Much better now. :cool:

Re: New pool build in Tampa Bay! FINAL PICS 9/20/13

Sorry for the delay in getting finals up, but the PB had to drain our pool to acid wash the interior since they did a lame job when installing. :grrrr: Building a pool is definitely not fun, and this particular builder lets their "Customer Service Dept" handle the final touch ups, fixes, punch list, etc.... and the guy that runs that is the owners son and....just sucks at communication. Kinda leaves the project on a negative note, which leaves a bad taste in your mouth...lol..

So, here is filling up the pool AGAIN, and the interior looks MUCH better now!

9861552873_c7364bdcb7_c.jpg

9861552723_b57eb41787_c.jpg

This is our favorite spot for coffee in the morning..sitting on the sunshelf... :cheers: and other tasty beverages at night.

9861552203_472c5951b2_c.jpg

9861551623_52ad3fec30_h.jpg

The Spa is our favorite part.. spent a bit of time in design, selection, etc...

9861469066_67a18f8da8_c.jpg

The view from the spa..

9861466765_10b440f9f4_c.jpg

9861551633_a9d10d5322_c.jpg

The interior is Stonescapes, Tropical Blue. We love it, and the abalone shells really do sparkle in the sun.

9861551273_988a86e426_b.jpg

We had the lanai extended to provide us a much larger shaded area. Ceiling fans are on the To Do list..

9861443864_cbed6b48e2_c.jpg

Love the lights at night. We were going with Savvi lights, but then the new small Pentair lights came out. We have two in the pool and one in spa. Unfortunately 1 was bad at install, and replaced. Then the spa light went out, and we have waited a month for it to get replaced. Now the deep end light is starting to flake out every now and then. We got a bad batch apparently! That is what we get for going with a "V1.0" release. I do love beaing able to set the lights to different modes - Caribbean is the best. Oh, did I mention we control everything from our smartphones? It rocks. We can crank up the hot tub while we are on our way home!

9861550903_a0485911bb_c.jpg

So now you have it. New irrigation was just put in last week. Will get some sod soon... a little landscaping of course. But we are enjoying the pool and soak in the hot tub regularly! Took a power nap in one of those adirondack chairs today! :sleep:

Now that is how a project finale should look!! Wonderful job.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.