Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New pool build progress in Tampa Bay! updated pics 7/19/13

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool build progress in Tampa Bay! updated pics 7/19/13

Well, we finally got the permit on April 5th, and the PB started last Thursday on April 18th! In the first week, layout Thursday, dig done on Friday, steel completed by Tues, Inspection on Wed (and getting Verizon to re-run a cut fiber to the house from where the PB installed the post for the inspection sign!), and Shotcrete done on Thursday. Today, apparently was a day of rest.

Thanks to all who provided insight to help me make decisions in the design phase!
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION - 16x28' Freeform Pool with sunshelf, 3.5'-5.5' depth;
    7' Spa raised 18", 6 jets alternating heights, Flagstone on raised beam
    Stonescapes mini pebble finish, Tropical Blue; Stonelock Artistic Pavers; Bronze aluminum screen enclosure
    Sta-Rite Intelliflo 3HP VS Pump and DE Filter, SWG, 400K BTU Gas Heater, Globrite LED Lights
    Easy Touch Automation with Screenlogic smartphone interface[/b]

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool build finally under way in Tampa Bay!

Upload the pix to a hosting site and put the link to the JPG address in IMG tags
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New pool build finally under way in Tampa Bay! with pict

Trying to show flickr pictures of the new construction... it is not working...rrrggg!

looks almost the same as the end of the first week:

Stonescapes mini pebble finish, Tropical Blue; Stonelock Artistic Pavers; Bronze aluminum screen enclosure
    Sta-Rite Intelliflo 3HP VS Pump and DE Filter, SWG, 400K BTU Gas Heater, Globrite LED Lights

4. Back To Top    #4

Very nice thus far.

5. Back To Top    #5

Well, I see I screwed up the pics I had previously posted. (Will find a regular photo sharing site to use.) That said, unfortunately, there is little progress since April 25th!! Very disappointed in the PB for pulling the guys off our pool for other new projects...they "got busy". We had a meeting with the super 3 weeks ago to let them know we are not happy with lack of effort. They did almost complete plumbing and did set equipment over the past month, but nothing else. Hoping they start making more progress soon. I really need this done by June 30!

Will get photo site up somewhere so I can post pics and update you fine folks!

6. Back To Top    #6

Who did you choose to build your pool. It seems like every single person I talk to has the same experience - things get started then come to a screeching halt, days without contact and difficult to get in touch with anyone. We are interviewing companies now but not looking forward to the process.

7. Back To Top    #7

Who is your pool builder?
    - Vanessa
    Almost done! 15x30 IG 3ft-8ft deep | SWG | Spa w/ 400K Natural Gas heater | Blue Granite Pebble sheen | JEP 1.5 VS pump | DE Filter | White/Tan/Charcoal Brick Pavers | Bronze Screen | Solar Panels

8. Back To Top    #8

Riviera. They Have Spent 2 Days In A Row Here This Week, So We Will See If They Turn Things Around.

9. Back To Top    #9

Ok, by your signature I thought maybe you went with Natural springs..they were in one of my final 3. I hope it all starts happening fast for you! I wouldn't be happy with finally starting a dream project, just to have it stall.
    - Vanessa
    Almost done! 15x30 IG 3ft-8ft deep | SWG | Spa w/ 400K Natural Gas heater | Blue Granite Pebble sheen | JEP 1.5 VS pump | DE Filter | White/Tan/Charcoal Brick Pavers | Bronze Screen | Solar Panels

10. Back To Top    #10

Well, I created a **** flickr account to try to share pics, folks, but it doesn't work! I can't spend any more time trying to figure it out. Sorry.

11. Back To Top    #11

Your post in 4/27 was linking to the website and not the specific JPG address.

If I open the first one in a web browser:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/97100011@N04/8972699109/
    then right click the photo and pic a size say Med 800, the picture shows up.
    The right click this picture and "copy image URL" which is:
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8134/8972 ... ba75_c.jpg

That is the address to paste in the IMG tag like this:
    Code:
    Which gives this:
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

12. Back To Top    #12

Re: New pool build finally under way in Tampa Bay! - Picture

OK, thanks for the tip! Here are pics (again, for real) of construction thus far, which is primarily just the dig/shell, and some plumbing.

This is what the design is, except spa is raised 18".

THe "before" picture of our view from the table, with layout mostly done 1st week of April.

Two months later..

Now that I figured out how to properly get the link from Flickr, I will post progress pics. Fingers crossed that progress picks up!!

13. Back To Top    #13

Looks great! Love your window...great view of the pool! Can't wait to see more pictures!
    - Vanessa

14. Back To Top    #14

Re: New pool build finally under way in Tampa Bay! - picture

Have some progress! The guys have been working on form for retention wall - lot of work there. Electric and plumbing is done. Tile work almost done, and our pallets of StoneLock pavers were delivered yesterday!

The usual pic, with tile done.

They still have to complete the form for the wall and hopefully have inspection done by Tuesday so the wall can be poured! The are getting ready to do coping now too. Then it is on to stone work on spa and decking!

We are thinking of broken gold travertine for side of spa instead of flagstone. We think it looks nice with our decking/coping:

15. Back To Top    #15

Re: New pool build finally under way in Tampa Bay! Pics!

They have made great progress in the past 3 weeks or so!

Forms for wall ready for concrete pour.

Concrete done and coping on pool nearly complete. "Rock Guy" has back half of spa done...and takes important call.

The usual view from the window. The pavers are done! These are Stonelock pavers. Love 'em.

Spa rock work and coping is completed on 7/12/13! The rock guy worked with us on various samples to help me get the image out of my head and into reality.

Screen guys are supposed to show up today 7/13! We hope to have water in the pool by 7/20!!

16. Back To Top    #16

In the Industry

Looking spectacular! All the masonry work looks first class.

"Rock Guy" has back half of spa done...and takes important call.
    "That's correct...$200 dollars on Fleabiscuit in the 7th.......I gotta' get back to work."
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

17. Back To Top    #17

Re: New pool build progress in Tampa Bay! updated pics 7/13/

LOL... yeah he is REALLY good. Mark is somewhat of an artist - he apparently creates other stuff outside of rockwork..i.e. copper art, concrete sculptures, etc.. very pleased with his craftsmanship. Same with the guy, Brian, that does plumbing/tile/coping - very good at what he does too.

18. Back To Top    #18

Re: New pool build progress in Tampa Bay! updated pics 7/19/

Great progress this week. Screen done, pavers tweaked, and pool finish done! Water is filling as we speak overnight tonight!! YYYYYAAAAYYY!!!!!!!

It really has come together just like we envisioned it.

Sunshelf with bubbler and umbrella sleeve

Hot Tub is full!! Now the pool is filling overnight!! Kids can jump in Sunday! Pool start up Monday.

19. Back To Top    #19

The tropical blue Stonescapes looks really nice so far. Are those the shells sparkling in the spa?
    Approx. 16k gal (16.5' x 30.5') Freeform, Salt Water, Stonescapes Tahoe Blue Mini Pebble, Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump, Hayward Shark Vac Cleaning Robot

20. Back To Top    #20

That looks great! Nice choice on the cage color.
    23.6x14 IG free form ~8K gallon, Pentair VS 3050 Intelliflo, GloBrite LED lighting w/IntelliBrite controller, Aztec Cobalt water tile. CLI Carolina Blue pebble finish, Bronze pool cage, 336 sqft Heliocol solar heating. Build Thread and landscaping Solar heating install

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast