Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heather_A

1. Back To Top    #1

Heather_A

Hi everyone!
    New to TFP forums, been lurking around for a little while and decided to become a member. We are Intex people, and are planning to get a 24' pool this year, seems we've been slowly creeping up from baby-pools to the 12' Easy Set (we used that one for about 3 years till the top rim got holes in it, neighbors said when that happened to theirs, they just cut it open and bought a bunch of pool noodles and filled the blow-up ring with them...we really wanted a bigger pool anyway, so we opted to take it down and wait till we could get a bigger pool.)

Anyhoo...I'm here to gain some knowledge on everything "pool!" Since this is the biggest pool we've had to date, I'm trying to soak up all I can before we set it up...wanna make sure we get it right the first time! Looking forward to "talking" to you all!

~ Heather
    ~ Green as algae, but willin' to learn! ~

~26' Intex Ultra Frame Pool - finally leveled!
    ~approx. 17,000 gal
    ~2,500gph pump w/ cart. filters~Taylor K-2005 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Heather_A

Welcome to the forum.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Hola! Bienvenido a Troublefreepool.com

Sciz
    Completed March 1, 2013. 12,500 gallon IG Lagoon Style w/swimout, walk-in steps, 15' x 30' x 3' - 5', Gunite, Wet Edge Technologies, Pebble Sheen - Northshore Tahoe, 2" Tennessee Fieldstone Coping, Belgard Country Blend Pavers, 1.5 HP Superflo, 19" Tagelus Filter, IC-20 SWCG.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!!!

Be sure to read up in Pool School and to get yourself one of the recommended test kits so you are prepared
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP

What flavor/type pool are you looking to install?
    Pool IG, 20'x30'x5', 15,000 gals, QuartzScapes NPT Tahoe Blue, Sundek Classic Texture, DE Hayward Pro-grid DE7220 , Pentair erosion auto CH, Main PMP Century 1.5hp , Polaris 280, booster PMP Century 3/4hp, Electronics PNL timer/light Pro Logic Model AQL2-SS-RF w/Remote CNTL

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by ktc211
    Welcome to TFP

What flavor/type pool are you looking to install?
    We want a 24' x 52" round pool. I thought I would just get an Intex pool, didn't know there were any other choices till I started browsing the internet! LOL!

Our local Walmart sells a blue 24' round Intex pool, but I've seen a gray Intex pool on line (I think it's called the Ultra Frame??) Still in the planning/researching stages...that's why I decided to join you guys and gals!

PS...thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!
    ~ Green as algae, but willin' to learn! ~

~26' Intex Ultra Frame Pool - finally leveled!
    ~approx. 17,000 gal
    ~2,500gph pump w/ cart. filters~Taylor K-2005 test kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to tfp, Heather_A

My understanding is the Intex ultra (gray) is more robust than the intex non-ultra (blue). See this post:http://www.troublefreepool.com/gray-...1.html#p335606
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

8. Back To Top    #8

Hey Heather,

Looks like you could use some info on a filter up-grade...I have no experience with above ground pools other than watch the chemistry closely. I had one 30 years ago for the kids, I recall not paying to much attention to the ph just the chlorine back then.

The Internet was nonexistent aswell

Good luck
    ktc211
    Austin, TX.
    Pool IG, 20'x30'x5', 15,000 gals, QuartzScapes NPT Tahoe Blue, Sundek Classic Texture, DE Hayward Pro-grid DE7220 , Pentair erosion auto CH, Main PMP Century 1.5hp , Polaris 280, booster PMP Century 3/4hp, Electronics PNL timer/light Pro Logic Model AQL2-SS-RF w/Remote CNTL

9. Back To Top    #9

DEFINITELY upgrade the pump/filter from DAY ONE with an Intex! Aside from that, we love ours! We did the same as you, going bigger with the inflatable ring pools as they wore out. On our last one I got tired of having a nasty pool that would never clear without a water change. Long story short, I ended up with a sand filter that is large enough for our current pool and have loved it ever since.

Welcome aboard!
    Intex Ultra Frame 18' X 48" 7600 +/- gallons
    Columbia 50 LB sand filter/ HP pump, $$ WELL spent(2nd best thing bought for the pool)
    Virginia Beach, VA
    TF100 test kit- Money WELL spent (best thing I've ever bought for the pool)
    Leisure bay hot tub