Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Testing TA

1. Back To Top    #1

Testing TA

For some reason when I test for TA the color goes from green to pale yellow instead of red. I tested 3 separate times. I thought it maybe the titrant solution was bad so I tried with my new kit (Taylor k2006) and same reaction. I did remember to wipe bottle with damp tissue between drops.

I did open early this year and water is cold. Would that affect test. My ph is 7.8
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Testing TA

High FC can make the TA test change from green>pink to blue>yellow.

The exact shade doesn't matter as much as the change.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Add drops til the color does not change:
    extended-test-kit-directions-t25081.html#p206395
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks! I never read this procedure thoroughly enough. I've always just added until the color changes to red (or pinkish) counting the last drop. Don't think I added a drop after that to see if it changed again. Will need to try the extra drops tonight. Magnetic stirrer sure makes a couple of these tests easier!
    IG pebble, 15,000 gallon
    48 PentAir DE Filter with backwash valve
    PentAir Whisperflo pump with 1hp 2-speed motor
    Aquabot 4WD, Poolskim
    Intermatic Dual Timeclock with freezeguard
    DIY chlorine feed
    BBB

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    High FC can make the TA test change from green>pink to blue>yellow.

The exact shade doesn't matter as much as the change.
    Ok...that's what it is then. I am in the middle of shocking. My FC is 28. My cya is 70,I have a swg but it is off til I am done shocking. It's amazing how good the water looks opening early. After 2 days I am almost there. Last year I opened 3rd week in may n it was a swamp.
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner