Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Do all above ground pools have bottom rails?

1. Back To Top    #1

Do all above ground pools have bottom rails?

First wanted to thank everyone on this awesome site! I was on here last Year lurking when I had an intex pool.

I just bought a 24' pool on Craigslist but just realized it doesn't have bottom rails. I asked the guy if it came with them and he said he wasn't sure. He apparently bought from someone else last Year. He said he put up for the summer and then took down. I dont know the brand name right now. I think i got screwed.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Do all above ground pools have bottom rails?

Welcome to TFP!!

Every agp I've seen has bottom rails except soft sided pools.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Are there some curved 1"X1"C-channel pieces about 4-5 ft long included with the pool?
    Post a pic of the pool wall,maybe someone can identify the brand possibly even the model.
    Rob

Cozumel AGP 24' 14,700 gallons
    Pentair Dynamo 1.5 hp pump
    Sta-rite Cristol-Flo II 2.3sq.ft. sand filter
    SWCG,Uni-bead liner
    Borates
    TF-100 Testkit....$68,cheap insurance for a trouble free pool season

4. Back To Top    #4

Heres the two pictures that I have at this point. I can get more tomorrow after work.

5. Back To Top    #5

Oh, and no curved pieces. Just the wall, and the posts from what I could tell. Ill look at it tomorrow when I get home.

6. Back To Top    #6

If you can find out who makes the pool you can prop get some bottom rails.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

7. Back To Top    #7

It is hard to tell form the picture, but you might be missing at least the base tracks, and top tracks. Most agps have those plus base plates, uprights, and top rails.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

8. Back To Top    #8

Well looks like its a Hayward pool. The skimmer it came with is from Hayward anyway. Some of the part numbers are 7774 and 7776. Ill call around to see what I can find out.

9. Back To Top    #9

I don't think Hayward makes (or made) pools...but they do make a lot of skimmers including aftermarket ones...that is probably what you are seeing.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks linen, Ill do some more digging. Is there a website to research part numbers?

11. Back To Top    #11

Maybe it could be a Wilbar pool. Do you have any idea how old it is ? Wilbar manufactures alot of pools. You could contact them and tell them what your problem is. They might be able to help you out.

Jeff

12. Back To Top    #12

Well I contacted the guy and he is going to take it back. He changed his story from he had it up 3 months last year to the person he bought it from had it for 3 months but didnt see it up.

Lesson learned, if buying from Craigslist I will make sure I take it down.

13. Back To Top    #13

Probably a good idea, it would have been hard and expensive to get parts.

14. Back To Top    #14

I'm glad he took it back! I see a lot of pools already disassembled and being sold on CL and I'd stear clear of them if I were buying an above ground pool. The best thing is going out and tearing down yourself. That way, you know that it's there and can see what you're buying!

Keep searching! You'll find a great pool! The ads on CL for pools is astonishing! New ones in our area are being listed every single day clean up until the end of August! You still have time and you may even snag the deal of a summer with a free one if you're lucky! It can and has happened to some members here!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

15. Back To Top    #15

Yep, tearing it down is really helpful in addition to knowing if all the parts are there, even if its a bit of work. I am one of the lucky ones that got my pool free off CL, the owner just "wanted it out of the yard". It has worked great for us now going on our third (or maybe it's fourth now) summer with it.

16. Back To Top    #16

I did the same as Linen, got a "free if you take down". Took a couple of months searching on Searchtempest to find one that fit my schedule, and a full day of labor. Both Linen and I have threads about our experience, his was one of the things that gave me confidence that I could do it.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

17. Back To Top    #17

It seems in maine alot of people think their used pools are worth their weight in gold... if you shop around a new pool with all the accessories can be had online for around 2800$ if your willing to shop and buy from a few places...
    24 ft Sharkline Matrix AG
    Waterway 1HP 2SPD Sand Filter 100lb sand capacity, using 50lb of ZeoSand
    TAYLOR K-2006 test kit.
    Installed Spring 2013
    16x16 Deck Going up Soon.