16x48 ultra frame help

Mar 23, 2013
Cypress, TX
So I have an intex 16x48 ultra frame that is a year old now. I fought so much last season with thst crappy cartridge filter and pump, that I'm taking the plunge and getting the sand filter now. Which size do I need to get? The wife and I are in a debste bc I want the 2650gph abd she says save the money and get the 1600gph. Also,should I get the SWG or not? I just dont want to struggle with it like last year. Thanks!

Both will work for you pool and be much better than the cartridge filter your pool came with, but if you want to hook a suction side vacuum up, the 2650 will be better.

cmcraig said:
Also,should I get the SWG or not?
I would not get the one that is built into the pump/filter combo. These things never fail at the same time.

Great info. I hadn't intended to get the all in one unit for that reason. Would it be beneficial? I'll fully admit that I don't understand the benefits of it. Also, what is a suction side vacuum? Does it just hook up to the suction side od the pump? I'm terribly new to all of this. Sorry for all the questions.

That's what the vacuum is. I have an 18X48 Ultra frame with a sand filter and LOVE the whole setup! You can always drape the hoses from the old "filter" over the side to make a whirlpool. This will help concentrate the dirt into the center of the pool which makes it easier to see when it's time to vacuum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.