Austin tx city water
5/1/2012 measured fill water at 175 CH
1) had a skimmer leak so turned over some water (not sure how much).
2) have a cartridge filter so dont backwash
3) pool guys lowered the level about 2 ft (out of 5ft) to fix some issues around march of 2013.
4) use bleach only
During the last 12 months my CYA went to close to zero twice.
Im just trying to understand what is happening. Did the calcium go up due to the new plaster plus some from evaporation and refilling? Then we lost some when the lowered the water level. During the same time Ive had to add more CYA twice (essentially went to zero).
1) What is possibly going on with CH?
2) Why did CYA go to zero twice?
No algae problems ever.