Using Trichlor w/inline feeder

Raiken3712 said:
I guess perhaps I just need to maintain the pool chemistry
If by maintaining the pool chemistry, you mean following the shocking process, then yes...but I wouldn't call that "maintaining the pool chemistry".

Raiken3712 said:
Would it help remove things to use Floc? Also we haven't really brushed it well in awhile should I brush it before using the Floc?
Generally we do not recommend using floc...it won't help kill the algae.

The flow rate does not matter. And is actually not very easy to determine unless you have a flow meter.
There is no table for flow rate, because it is a function of everything in your plumbing including your filter ... so at the same RPM, the flow rate will be different for every pool.

You just need to run you pool long enough to keep it clean enough to your liking. This is probably much less than 24/7:
pool-school/pump_run_time
Amazing the articles that are available at your fingertips in Pool School ;)

That link is for the cartridge, I just could not find the model of the actual filter to know how many sqft it is
Oh, found this "OEM CARTRIDGE CX875REM 112.5 SQ. FT. FOR HAYWARD BLUE HAVEN"
So that is much smaller than we would recommend for you pool size. For 22,000 gallons, we would suggest ~320 sqft. What this means is that you will have to keep a close eye on the filter pressure and clean it often when the pressure goes up 20-25% of the clean pressure.

linen said:
Raiken3712 said:
I guess perhaps I just need to maintain the pool chemistry
If by maintaining the pool chemistry, you mean following the shocking process, then yes...but I wouldn't call that "maintaining the pool chemistry".

Raiken3712 said:
Would it help remove things to use Floc? Also we haven't really brushed it well in awhile should I brush it before using the Floc?
Generally we do not recommend using floc...it won't help kill the algae.

Wasn't thinking of using Floc for killing Algae. I'm aware it won't :). Was thinking of using it to clear the water. Send all the dead stuff to the bottom and vacuum.

Not sure whats wrong with maintaining pool chemistry?...It just means to balance the chemicals. Adjusting the chemicals Chlorine balance FAC, TA, pH, TA, CH, and Phosphates as needed to ranges.

jblizzle said:
The flow rate does not matter. And is actually not very easy to determine unless you have a flow meter.
There is no table for flow rate, because it is a function of everything in your plumbing including your filter ... so at the same RPM, the flow rate will be different for every pool.

You just need to run you pool long enough to keep it clean enough to your liking. This is probably much less than 24/7:
pool-school/pump_run_time
Amazing the articles that are available at your fingertips in Pool School ;)

That link is for the cartridge, I just could not find the model of the actual filter to know how many sqft it is
Oh, found this "OEM CARTRIDGE CX875REM 112.5 SQ. FT. FOR HAYWARD BLUE HAVEN"
So that is much smaller than we would recommend for you pool size. For 22,000 gallons, we would suggest ~320 sqft. What this means is that you will have to keep a close eye on the filter pressure and clean it often when the pressure goes up 20-25% of the clean pressure.

That means our filter is horribly undersized. I've gotten recommendations on Sand filters are you in that camp? We probably need a new one soon. Might help things if it truly is that far off of what we need.

Raiken3712 said:
Wasn't thinking of using Floc for killing Algae. I'm aware it won't :). Was thinking of using it to clear the water. Send all the dead stuff to the bottom and vacuum.
One of the criteria (in the shocking process link above and in my sig) for ending the shocking process is the water is clear...obviously yours isn't. Raise your FC up to your pools shocking level (if it isn't already) and run an OCLT tongiht and see what you get.

There is nothing wrong with cartridges, except when trying to clear algae. All types of filters have + and - and you should just use what you are comfortable with.

For sand you would look for at least 4.1 sqft (27"+)
For DE, at least 60 sqft
For Cart, at least 320 sqft

Where are you located and how long is your pool open? If it is a short season, you could likely get away with something a little smaller than above.

linen said:
Raiken3712 said:
One of the criteria (in the shocking process link above and in my sig) for ending the shocking process is the water is clear...obviously yours isn't. Raise your FC up to your pools shocking level (if it isn't already) and run a OCLT tongiht and see what you get.

Will do thanks for the help.

Actually I don't have those test strips that are required...guess I can't. Just read the OCLT process. I guess I could take a sample to Leslies and if it reads 0 CC than that means its cleared right?

I mean everything can already be dead, but its not clear yet because the filter hasn't had time to remove the dead waste. If that is the case I just need to maintain the FC at a good level and wait for it to clear right?

jblizzle said:
There is nothing wrong with cartridges, except when trying to clear algae. All types of filters have + and - and you should just use what you are comfortable with.

For sand you would look for at least 4.1 sqft (27"+)
For DE, at least 60 sqft
For Cart, at least 320 sqft

Where are you located and how long is your pool open? If it is a short season, you could likely get away with something a little smaller than above.

Lewisville, TX

I used the pool even in Winter. We didn't do much of anything to it during the winter which is where the Algae problems came from. When it started warming up we weren't really managing it at all.

http://www.hypothermics.com/

I've read a bit about health benefits in relation to using the cold. Ray Cronise is more into mild cold 80 degree water works. I used it when it was colder because I wanted to. I used a Thermometer to make sure I never got to cold and limited my time.

All we basically did in winter is fill the water up and run the pump when it was supposed to freeze so it wouldn't damage the pump. We didn't do much else.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.