I've never used it but I have an in-line feeder next to my pool pump for Chlorine. I either want to use that or a floater with Trichlor to maintain a .5 ppm. I'm not sure how to adjust the thing it has a little knob where you can adjust it. I'm guessing this changes the amount of Chlorine that feeds.
I read that a 3 inch tablet will up the ppm 5.5 total and of course that would vary the amount of ppm per day. I have 3 inch and 1 inch tablets that I want to use. At some point I wanted to try to maintain the pool with just shock if that's possible.
I want the least amount of Chlorine I can use while maintaining clear water. I was wondering if its possible to just shock once a week rather than keep a constant amount of Chlorine in there. I wouldn't swim for a 1-2 days after shocking to let the Chlorine settle down. This is of course after using the tabs. I don't want to waste the tabs so that's why I'm trying to figure out how much to use to keep a daily .5 ppm. I've heard in Europe the standards are different but they maintain a .5 ppm without Algae issues. Perhaps they use something to supplement the Chlorine and its not possible to use .5 ppm levels with clear water without that?
Anyway any advice on limiting Chlorine as much as possible after I use my tabs and maintaining .5 ppm with the tabs would be greatly appreciated. Tips on adjusting the feeder would be nice as well.
I've heard Ozone in combination with Chlorine might be an option, but not sure I want to do that just yet.