Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Zwave simple setup

1. Back To Top    #1

Zwave simple setup

Im in the process of setting up a zwave network and would like to automate my pool pump. I just have a simple pool setup just a 2 speed 1hp pump that runs on low almost always. Any recommendations on a switch. Found this http://www.smarthome-products.com/p-654 ... odule.aspx
    16 x 32 Inground Vinyl 21000, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, 1 main drain. Raypak Heater, Crystal Flo Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Zwave simple setup

That's not a bad unit, but it's been replaced by the LFM-20. I'd probably go for the newer module if it were me.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I am actively pursuing control of a booster pump and pool light. Depending on how the pump is wired (you may have 240VAC) - you may need to look at the relays here: http://www.functionaldevices.com/ and look at driving that with a zwave 24v relay that you can control through your automation system (something like Mi Casa Verde, not sure what you're using).

Remember you have an inductive load and what ever device you use to switch the power should be rated accordingly - solid state relays while a little more expensive, typically handle these types of loads better.
    29,700 Gallon Vinyl Roman End, Sta-Rite Max-Therm-400HD gas heater, Sta-Rite S7M120 cartridge filter, Pool Pilot DIG-220 SWG

4. Back To Top    #4

I do have 240 running to the pump
    16 x 32 Inground Vinyl 21000, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, 1 main drain. Raypak Heater, Crystal Flo Sand Filter