Evaporation Loss Vs Leak

jhalpinjr

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2011
Warner Robins, GA
Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out if I am losing water due to evaporation or an actual leak. I am seeing over 1/2 per day of water loss.
My pool has direct sun almost all day, and the only thing different from last year is the addition of my heat pump. Not sure if higher water temps at night are attributing because of heater.

16 X 32 Grecian.

I know there is a "Bucket Test" or such but for some reason whenever I try to use the Forum Search function I get a javascript error and get bounced out of TFP and have to re-login. :x

Can someone explain, or link the test?

Thank you

Set a bucket of water on your steps filled to about the same level as the pool water. Mark or measure the water level in the pool and in the bucket. Check both levels again after 24 hours or whatever time period you want. If the water level drops the same amount in both the bucket and the pool, it's evaporation.

Try using the Google search at the very bottom of the screen if the forum search gives you problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.