Apr 24, 2013
Hi...I am a new owner of a below ground pool.
It has a cover.
I turned down the heat and left the pool running all winter.
I discovered the pool level drops as much as 1.5 inches per week.
I put a large container of water in the pool on the step...the water in this container did NOT touch the pool cover on top as the pool water does. Of course, the container water isn't passing thru the pump system.
The container water dropped maybe 1/4 inch per week.
Now that it is warmer outside, the pool water is dropping by 1/2 inch more then the container water----less then during the winter but still something.
Do I likely have a leak or is the pool cover touching the water and the pumps causing the extra water loss? Inquiring minds what to know!!!

Yes the pool cover is still on....lots of stuff is blowing around the backyard still so it is on all the time. The cover is the motor driven into a hole at the end of the pool level with the pavers. Two cover pumps are on all the time to remove rain water...always there is a little water left on here and there.
As far as the pumps being off---they are never off. This week when I refill it to add the inches back from weeks of water loss I will take my measurements...fill my step container even with the pool water...close the cover back and TURN OFF the pumps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.