Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just moved in

1. Back To Top    #1

Just moved in

Just moved in a new house in Hanford Ca with a 25k pool, S8D110 filter, quikskim, turbo clean in floor system, 1hp motor(new) and waterfall feature. pop ups are leaving debris in all corners and the main drain is not removing debris whatsoever. Just drained and filled and cleaned filters last night to no avail. What should I be looking for to get this up and running correctly?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Sun City West Arizona (2nd Home)

Re: Just moved in

First, read pool school. Your valves may be set so they are not pulling from the main drain. This also explains debris left behind by pop ups, as any that does not float just gets pushed around.

Post your test results (full compliment) and send pictures of your pool and equipment pad.
    14100 Gal IG MiniPebble, Pentair Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Sand Filter, Pop Up Cleaning, Intelliflo VS Pump, Aquacal Heatpump/Chiller, 1/4 Acre Desert Landscaped, Lots of Deck. Built in 1984, updated in 2012 and 2014
    "If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

3. Back To Top    #3

I will post the pics when I get them tonight. I have the quikskim fully on and the skimmer valve set to 90% main drain but still have debris everywhere. It's my first pool with pop ups as my other house utilized the kreeply krawly. Thanks for the quick response as I want to get this under control before it heats up adn starts leving stains.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tucson, AZ

I have a Caretaker in-floor system. Always ended up with dirt in a few corners. I would just have to brush occasionally to toward the floor drain or manually vacuum.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!