Apr 24, 2013
Hi,
My name is Kary.. and I have been driving myself crazy wondering if a no drain acid wash will help the appearance of my colored plaster pool. the builder suggested that I do a no drain acid wash, to restore the color, as it is badly faded, and there are alot of white lines. Has anyone ever done this on their own before?? Any advice would be appreciated!!!

Welcome to TFP!

An acid wash of some kind is the most likely way to solve that problem. Doing a no drain acid wash may or may not be feasible. If you have a gas heater that you can't bypass doing a no drain acid wash is not recommended. Also, no drain acid washes can take a long time and run some risk of damaging the plaster.

I do not have a heater. I was instructed by the builder.. anthony and sylvan, to put one gallon of acid in for every 2000 gallons of water, I have a small pool, 16000 gallons... He said brush it often over a pd of three days and keep a pump in there to circulate the water. Then bring PH levels to normal level before starting equipment. If I drain the pool and do the acid wash, is that a better option, and is the pool going to pop out of the ground???