Hope I'm the right/best forum!
Iím unable to get my pool back to blue. Itís currently very green but not turbid (you can see the bottom at 6í). Hereís the situation and history:
1. The pool is ceramic tile, 17k gal fresh water, in-ground.
2. I live in Brazil, and the pool is about 100yds from the ocean. There are no trees or other vegetation nearby.
3. Until a week or so ago, it was always deep blue and crystal clear (just like the ad photos!), and very easy to maintain.
4. The only different event which immediately preceded the pool going green was the installation of a solar heating system (pvc pipes). To do the installation, I had to lower the pool below the returns (about 2í), then refill.
5. Here are the numbers:
- Cl (dichlor granules) = 3.0+ (I shocked it)
- pH = 7.4 (I had to add a lot of soda Ė it was very low)
- Tot.alk = 100
6. There was a considerable accumulation of algae on the bottom, which I vacuumed out. But the water remains green. (When I take a sample in a water glass, however, it appears perfectly clear.)
Thanks for your help!