Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Monarch ESC36 / ESC8000
HELP!!
OK pros...need your help! Have a bit or an issue with my liner just below one of my skimmers. Will explain best I can as pictures are not an option.
I have Vynall liner with Astrapool Skimmers. Just below one of the skimmers, it appears as if the liner has pulled/torn out and dropped just below the sealing frame the full width ( and a little beyond) my skimmer. Liner has not pulled away from the wall and looking to repair/patch best I can. Liner is in its 5th year and otherwise excellant condition.
Here's my question(s)....If I loosen the sealing frame and place a patch so that the sealing frame will catch it, am I going to cause more issues/problems when I loosen the screws? I would like to get the patch/repair behind the sealing frame and make this as easy as possible. Looking to use Boxer #100 and try to get a large piece of vinyl from Vynall if possible.
Open to all your thought and any options that would give me the best results
As always, thanks in advance for you willingness to share you knowledge and all the help this great site give me.
Later!!
Sami

Not saying it wont work, but from past experience you are going to end up replacing the liner. When the install was done there was extra stretch in the liner under the skimmer. As time has progressed for some reason your liner is trying to contract and the patch will be constantly pulled loose.

Ouch...LOL..thanks for the encouragement!! I agree that a perfect fix would be the replace the liner, but, trying to look at what will give me use and of course what will work short-time. My biggest concern was the question about taking the faceplate loose. If this will buy me some time and expense, then I think it would be worth a shot. A few bucks and labor sure sounds like it beats the cost of a new liner and all the extras involved. Just wanted to know if my thought process for a short term fix is sound. Any more input is certainly welcome!!
Thanks,
Sami

Re: Liner Pulled Away from Skimmer-UPDATE!!

Ok guys..here's what happened. I did find a large sample and used it to cover the area after draining down and removing the faceplace. Used Boxer adhesive and it's been about 2 months now. Looks good and seems to be holding great. I even ask some friends how it looked and they said "what patch"
Good for now....will keep ya'll updated
Thanks,
Sami

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.