Solar Saddle - does this look ok?

Getting all of my ducks in a row for the swim season and I'm looking to purchasing a lighter weight solar cover and some solar saddles. I found the ones at the link below, which look incredibly convienent but I'm wondering whether or not they are safe for my pool rail and walls. Thoughts? Do you think these particular ones might cause buckling issues or anything? I could not find them anywhere else except this one seller on ebay (who has a 100% rating). In theory, it would be nice to not have to attach them to the rail.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Removable-Pool-S ... ~60_57.JPG

They might be fine, but I wouldn't want that hanging in the pool. A better solution to me would be to build some custom ones out of PVC. There's a thread where someone did that and they look nice. You could build them so they hook over the wall if you wanted to.

Bama Rambler said:
They might be fine, but I wouldn't want that hanging in the pool. A better solution to me would be to build some custom ones out of PVC. There's a thread where someone did that and they look nice. You could build them so they hook over the wall if you wanted to.

I did see that but I don't think that would work for us. We have two toddlers and it looks like a prime climbing apparatus:) What most attracted me to the ones I posted is that I could easily attach and remove them if my kids decide that it's fun to mess around with the solar cover in the hooks or the hooks themselves when the cover is in the pool. I suppose I could also do that with the homemade one but it's more unweildy looking, I'd have to take it apart everytime I took it down or they might still try to mess with it.

I bought the Solar Saddles from intheswim.com last year for our new pool and love them. Easy for me to take the cover off my 24' pool myself and put back on pool afterwards (usually drag it back over the pool when I'm getting ready to get out for the night). And about once a week if it's been really dry, I will wash it off with a high power spray as I'm folding it back on the saddles to get the dust and other debris off the top of the cover. And it's a Michigan company that prides itself on their product...sent me replacement pins when I accidentally pulled one of the saddles at an awkward angle and broke one. :)

http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Covers/So ... er-Holder/

xtencornfield said:
Bama Rambler said:

I did see that but I don't think that would work for us. We have two toddlers and it looks like a prime climbing apparatus:) What most attracted me to the ones I posted is that I could easily attach and remove them if my kids decide that it's fun to mess around with the solar cover in the hooks or the hooks themselves when the cover is in the pool. I suppose I could also do that with the homemade one but it's more unweildy looking, I'd have to take it apart everytime I took it down or they might still try to mess with it.

I can definitely see your point! I had the original ones n now my brother owns them n yes, they aren't easily removed once installed. This may work for you n your situation.

On a side note... that's one big overlap liner! :shock: lol

Good luck this year with your pool! Safety first!!!

Don't have anything to offer, but I found this website just earlier this evening and was wondering if they work well, if they are OK with adding the additional weight and if anyone that has one wanted to give a first hand experience.

I don't know anything about this website, whether it is legit or not. Looks like the same type of thing, but currently on sale for $69.95. Every penny counts!!!!

http://www.backyardcitypools.com/Solar- ... Holder.htm

QuiltinMom said:
Don't have anything to offer, but I found this website just earlier this evening and was wondering if they work well, if they are OK with adding the additional weight and if anyone that has one wanted to give a first hand experience.

I don't know anything about this website, whether it is legit or not. Looks like the same type of thing, but currently on sale for $69.95. Every penny counts!!!!

http://www.backyardcitypools.com/Solar- ... Holder.htm

Same item I linked and a great price!

Casey said:
xtencornfield said:
Bama Rambler said:

I can definitely see your point! I had the original ones n now my brother owns them n yes, they aren't easily removed once installed. This may work for you n your situation.

On a side note... that's one big overlap liner! :shock: lol

Good luck this year with your pool! Safety first!!!

I didn't even notice that in the picture until this post. That's funny! Wonder how they managed that.

Anywho, thanks for all the responses. I think I'm going to give these a shot and see what happens. They aren't terribly expensive, so it's worth a try.

I didn't even notice that in the picture until this post. That's funny! Wonder how they managed that.

Anywho, thanks for all the responses. I think I'm going to give these a shot and see what happens. They aren't terribly expensive, so it's worth a try.

Being a handyman I set out to make a set. The first loop turnrd out looking like the other attempts, not good. Bought a set, cost about $20.00 more, that is not worth this guys time. Bought the real Solar Saddle they look good and work really well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.