Indianapolis, IN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello all, my name is Bill and I am a first time poster.
Bought a house with a pool in 2007. Gradually have taken over the pool maintenance from the pool company.
Last year the pool was half empty when we removed the winter cover. A pool leak company had me fill it and they came and inspected it. Epoxied a cracked return for the Polaris pool cleaner that has not been used since we bought it (he was dead). In the process they inspected the main drain, light, and skimmers. Previously the light had been totally caulked and sealed to the pool walls. They removed the caulk and said it was not necessary.
They returned within two weeks because it continued to loose water. Said they found another leak around a different return. Patched. I removed the Polaris pump and capped and sealed the return for it.
Back again two more times. Last time they epoxied the around the skimmer, it greatly reduced the water loss but not completely. It continued to loose water but each time it was at a different rate. I gave up and ignored it for the rest of the summer.
I just removed the winter cover and the pool is half empty. I do not remove water when i close it . Based on my readings of the forum I should be able to tell where the leak is. I thought it would be the light but it is under water still. However the water line had stabilized at the top of one of the built in steps. Currently it has more water in it then it did due to the torrential rainstorms we had last Thursday and Friday. I am attaching a photo.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• pool line2.jpg
    pool line2.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 34
Welcome to the forum. :lol: If the water leaks back down to the same point and then stabilizes, you have found the source....at that level. It may take a bit more work to find it precisely but when the water level drops no further, it is usually pretty easy to locate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.