Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Above ground pool steps

1. Back To Top    #1

Above ground pool steps

Can anyone recommend above ground pool steps and where to purchase them ?

Thanks
    Steve
    15 x 30 12,000 gal Above Ground (Aluminum), 2 HP pump motor, 27" Sand Filter, Installed July 2012

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Above ground pool steps

This is what we have in our 24 ft. agp. We like them better than the "wedding cake" kind because of the handrails.
    http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Accessori ... ool-Steps/

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to tfp, BigKahuna

I am not a big fan of the type Elliesgranny posted (though she may have valid reasons she prefers that type), since you can not have people sitting on the steps while someone uses them to get out of the pool (easily at least). I like the wedding cake steps since they are good for lounging on while still letting people pass...ours has a hand rail on one side.

I got ours off of craigslist.

Also...welcome to Elliesgranny as well
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have these steps and really like them. I have younger grandkids and they like to sit on the steps.

Blue Wave NE1100 Majestic 8000 Step 350 lb Capacity
    30 ft. round Conquest agp, 19,800 gal; Pentair Easy Clean 1 hp DE EC60 filter system
    Hayward H250N gas heater; TF100 Test Kit
    2 Fafco 4x20 sunsaver solar bear solar panels
    Dolphin E 10 ~ Zoomerang slide
    Majestic 8000 Above-Ground Pool Step

5. Back To Top    #5

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies. My wife and I are in our 60s so I think the steps with the 2 hand rails will be the way we go (Thanks Elliesgranny). We suffered through last season with the wobbly ladder that came with the pool, but my wife is afraid of heights and it was an ordeal for her to get in and out of the pool last season.

Thanks again for the replies and the welcome. This is a great site!
    Steve
    15 x 30 12,000 gal Above Ground (Aluminum), 2 HP pump motor, 27" Sand Filter, Installed July 2012

6. Back To Top    #6

Just as another option here's what we have and love them. They also make a wider model with double handrails.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Bama, have you ever had any alage problems inside of your steps? I like them. When we get the deck up I'll look in to those.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

8. Back To Top    #8

I never have. The flow thru them is good enough that it's not a problem. Also the way I have ours anchored to the pool rail (with PVC conduit straps) it's easy to lift the front edge of them up to vacuum under them once in a while.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

That's good to hear Bama.

Thanks!

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.