Seeking pad advice for concrete surface installation

Apr 23, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
We've just purchased a new Intex ultraframe AGP 16'x32'x52" rectangle pool with the upgraded inline sand filter and salt system. The area we're going to install the pool is a very large, level, rectangle courtyard-type concrete patio which is why we went with this particular pool. For the money it was the most gallons of water we could fit in it.
I've read many posts on here about gorilla pads and happy bottom pads but I was wondering if anyone could recommend a pad that:

1.) actually fits or can be made to fit a 16'x32' rectangle.
2.) provides very good protection for the pool liner from the coarse concrete surface and moisture.
3.) provides a excellent padded cushion for swimmers' feet.
4.) doesn't cost a fortune.

One person in this forum recommended 2" owens corning dense styrofoam insulation but at $33 retail for a 4'x8' piece it would cost me over $1k just to provide the padded surface with this material. I did find the same material in a 1-1/2" thickness on craigslist for $10 a 4'x8' panel but wanted to get feedback from this forum before proceeding with such a solution.

I appreciate any constructive feedback and thank all in advance for their time and answers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.