Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Does anyone have a liner pool without the border?

1. Back To Top    #1

Does anyone have a liner pool without the border?

We're trying to choose a liner for our pool. This is a daunting task! It's hard for me to envision what the liner will look like under water. I'm leaning toward a darker blue liner (specifically: Tara brand Carmel or Ocean Wave or Montego Bay). If anyone can post pictures with these or similar liners I would REALLY appreciate it.

I don't love any of the borders on these liners. What are your thoughts about doing a liner pool without the border? Thanks so much!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Does anyone have a liner pool without the border?

I think no border would look great, wish i had done it. I don't know what they would look like years down the road if any fading took place.
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

3. Back To Top    #3

I am assuming you have done this but on Tara website they have real pictures of pools with the liners in them. You just have to choose the liner wanted and hit go and it shows real life pictures. Here is the link

http://www.taramfg.com/image-gallery.as ... &pagenum=1
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

4. Back To Top    #4

We have just installed a pool with a Blue Granite liner and no border. We really like the look, and our pool builder actually suggested going with no border as well. It gives a clean look to the pool. Wish I had a picutre handy to show. Will try to post one later.

5. Back To Top    #5

We got a liner without a border. There were fewer patterns to choose from without borders, but still a reasonably good selection.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyfan17
    We have just installed a pool with a Blue Granite liner and no border. We really like the look, and our pool builder actually suggested going with no border as well. It gives a clean look to the pool. Wish I had a picutre handy to show. Will try to post one later.
    I would appreciate that, thanks!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by doobs41378
    I am assuming you have done this but on Tara websight they have real pictures of pools with the liners in them. You just have to choose the liner wanted and hit go and it shows real life pictures. Here is the link

http://www.taramfg.com/image-gallery.as ... &pagenum=1

Thank you. Yes, I did look at that but it's still hard for me to visualize how it will look with such a small image.

8. Back To Top    #8

Which one did you choose and do you have a photo. We are leaning towards ocean wave or montego bay same brand. Thx!

9. Back To Top    #9

How much extra does it cost to have full floor pattern all the way up? I'm doing that with a Latham liner.
    15x30 rectangle vinyl IG, Sta-Rite Cristal-Flo II 19" sand filter, Sta-Rite Super Max .75 HP 2 speed, 1 skimmer, 3 returns, 2 bench jets, 2" plumbing, TF-100 kit, Latham Gold Pebble liner. Dolphin Active 10 robot.

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

latham doesn't up charge for no border

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks! I thought I read there may be an up charge before. I signed my pool contract today, and my builder said there was, and he'd let me know the amount. Obviously, I don't want to pay for something that is bogus.
    Quote Originally Posted by PoolguyinCT View Post
    latham doesn't up charge for no border
    15x30 rectangle vinyl IG, Sta-Rite Cristal-Flo II 19" sand filter, Sta-Rite Super Max .75 HP 2 speed, 1 skimmer, 3 returns, 2 bench jets, 2" plumbing, TF-100 kit, Latham Gold Pebble liner. Dolphin Active 10 robot.

12. Back To Top    #12

Yes, we like ours without a border. close up pic here:
    pool coating 2.jpg - Google Drive
    larger view here:
    pool pic2.jpg - Google Drive
    30000 gal inground vinyl liner;sand filter w/glass media, nuvo uv, TF-100 test kit; 25 years on Baquacil, converted to TFP chlorine in 2016

13. Back To Top    #13

We're having a Latham liner with no border and weren't charged any additional for that.
    42x31x20 lagoon shape, vinyl, inground pool. Approx 27,000 gallons. 3.5' to 5.5' depth. Latham natural gray liner, Pentair Tagelus fiberglass sand filter, Pentair Intelliflo pump, auto SWG, 3 LED intellibrite lights. Construction beginning Aug 11, 2016. K-2006C test kit.

14. Back To Top    #14

We just signed contract the other day ,in the beginning they told us there would be an up charge for no border ,now they told us the company will give us the same price ,no up charge .picking the color is the hardest part.We (me mostly ) have been all over the place from the darkest to the lightest. still havent decided yet .Hubby likes crystal and my only concern is the lighter color will fade faster .